Friday, May 12, 2006

Who, Me? No, That's My Dad...

I enjoy submitting customer service complaints online. I don't expect individual responses, but I do know that companies can see spikes in traffic for specific issues.

Me yesterday:
What is your privacy policy regarding giving my personal phone records to the US Government? As far as I know, I have not signed a contract nor does there exist a law requiring you to provide the federal government with such records. I am extremely concerned about this, and the USA Today story on this, and am strongly considering a switch to Qwest, which I understand has show more respect for their customers and resisted such federal demands.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/washington/2006-05-10-nsa_x.htm

If there is indeed a law, or such an element in a contract I have already signed with you, can you please provide a link or explanation of such a detail? I await your clarification.

Thanks
Well, apparently it's only landline companies. My mistake, but even with this error, it's fun to fill up their stats with customer concerns. Their response is still quite excellent.
Dear customer,

Thank you for contacting Verizon Wireless through our website. I appreciate your inquiry regarding recent news reports with providing phone records to the government. My name is Earlene, and I am happy to assist you today.

Michael, I can understand your concern about the recent report. Recent stories suggest that the Federal Government has been collecting the phone records of potentially millions of Americans as part of the war on terror. The stories specifically reference customer records of landline companies, including AT&T and Verizon.
This is NOT a story that affects Verizon Wireless customers.

Verizon Wireless is not involved in this situation.


If you are a customer of Verizon Communications, you may want to contact the company at 1-800 483 7988.

Thank you for your recent communication e-mail about this issue.

In review of your account, I wanted to take this opportunity to remind you of the past due balance on your account. Your total account balance is $108.44, which includes a past due amount of $52.04. Your current charges of $56.40 are payable on or before 5/29/2006. The past due amount should be paid immediately to avoid interruption of your service.

If you have any questions regarding the past due balance on your account please contact our Financial Services Department at 800-382-7115. Their hours of operation are 7:00 a.m. - 9:00 p.m., Monday through Friday and 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m., Saturday.

Did you know you can make a payment from your cellular phone by dialing #PMT/786 and #BAL/225 for your balance? And these calls are airtime free.
I found it entertaining the way they comfortably directed me towards their former parent company.

No comments:

Post a Comment