Thursday, August 31, 2006

The other day I finally got around to buying the three new Cure reissues. Buying reissues makes me feel like an aging hippy buying the umpteenth reissue of some Eric Clapton something-or-other, but maybe I understand their mindset a bit more now (?).

I've now bought remasters I love of The Cure, Echo/Bunnymen, Slowdive and the Cocteau Twins, and have loved every minute of it.

This time it was

- Kiss Me, Kiss Me, Kiss Me
- The Top
- Head on the Door

I always adored The Top (especially Bananafishbones), felt lukewarm about Head on the Door, and felt all over the place about Kiss Me.

Once again, however, the damn Pitchforkmedia ends up being more right than I want them to be. They gushed about Kiss Me, and after a lot of relistening in the last couple of days, I have to say I agree with them. It's an astonishing album, and really really holds up over the years.

No comments:

Post a Comment