Thursday, November 09, 2006

Bush: "I Thought the American People Would Understand the Importance of Taxes and the Importance Of Security"

Awesome question from the "Go Rummy" conference yesterday:
Q: You said you were surprised, you didn't see it coming, you were disappointed in the outcome. Does that indicate that after six years in the Oval Office, you're out of touch with America for something like this kind of wave to come and you not expect it?

[...]

Bush: ...I'm an optimistic person, is what I am. And I knew we were going to lose seats, I just didn't know how many.

Q How could you not know that and not be out of touch?

THE PRESIDENT: You didn't know it, either.

Q A lot of polls showed it.

THE PRESIDENT: Well, there was a -- I read those same polls, and I believe that -- I thought when it was all said and done, the American people would understand the importance of taxes and the importance of security. But the people have spoken, and now it's time for us to move on.


Nope, I guess we don't. We're all dumb and have been tricked.

Does Bush use his "optimism" in his Iraq planning? I know about 2800 families that would like to know.

No comments:

Post a Comment