Sunday, November 05, 2006

Treasure of Baghdad writes:
Here we are today. Our former dictator is sentenced to death. For me, it is not a big deal. Death for him is something that is going to make him rest. I believe he should not be dead. He should be tortured like the ones he and his men tortured. He should be humiliated like how he humiliated his people. Then, he should be hanged. Where? In al-Tahrir square where he once hanged victims in public. This is the kind of justice that should be done.

The question remains: what will happen next? Does it even matter if he is dead or not? I don’t think so. He is gone. He’ll never be back. We should concentrate on the present. Some people accused me of being a “Saddamist” and “Baathist” because of my views against the occupation and the mess it caused since 2003. When I said his era was better than this era, it doesn’t mean I want him back. It was a comparison to tell the people that what is going on now is worse than before where everything was almost bad as well. I always mention that because instead of one tyrant, we have multiple tyrants now whom are ALSO supported by the Americans. And please, do not tell me that Hakim, Barzani, Maliki, Jafari, and many others in the parliament and government are “the new good leaders” of Iraq. They are new leaders, right! But they are the NEW TYRANTS OF IRAQ. Yes! They were elected by the people but like Saddam, they let their people down AGAIN.

No comments:

Post a Comment