Friday, December 01, 2006

Perry's Got A Leg Up




Each year I put together a Best Of music mix for friends and families, but 2006 is sitting in my gut like a pound of, um, really boring bricks. On paper, there were a bunch of big releases that could have been exciting this year (Cat Power, Morrissey, Flaming Lips) but I think it was a matter of old habits losing steam. Very very little excited me this year, save Ali Farka Toure's final album (Mr. Toure at right).

And the point of the Ritual album cover is that nothing, absolutely nothing this year comes close to rivalling that record, which I listened to on the way home yesterday. Jesus Christ that's a good record. Listen to it on headphones if you haven't in a while.

  • Yes, I know that the Ali Farka Toure record this year was posthumous
  • It's hard to even remember the time when Dave Navarro was the Coolest Guy in the World
From "No One's Leaving" on Ritual:
My sister and her boyfriend slept in the park.
She had to leave home 'cause he was dark.
Now they parade around in New York with a baby boy...
He's gorgeous!


No comments:

Post a Comment