Saturday, June 02, 2007

Doo d'doo...Saturday afternoon, toasty hot, and I'm all "Wha?"
At least one U.S. warship bombarded a remote, mountainous village in Somalia where Islamic militants had set up a base, officials in the northern region of Puntland said Saturday.

The attack from a U.S. destroyer took place late Friday, said Muse Gelle, the regional governor. The extremists had arrived Wednesday by speedboat at the port town of Bargal.
What's with that? Perhaps the US Secretary of Defense can shed some light.
At an international conference in Singapore, U.S. Defense Secretary Robert Gates told reporters who asked about the Somalia reports on Saturday, "Frankly, I don't know exactly what was going on. I've been on the road. And I wouldn't be commenting on operational activities anyway."
Aww, no worries. I'm sure it was a good idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment