Wednesday, August 29, 2007

You Little Tucker

I write to MSNBC:
I was disgusted by Tucker Carlson's admission of physical "gay-bashing" - a hate crime - and believe he owes a SERIOUS apology to his audience. What a terrible presence for your network. If I ran MSNBC, he'd be out of a job immediately. There's NO place on TV for Tucker joking about beating people up for making passes at him.

Despicable.

And his recent statement on the matter seems nothing other than a lie, as it completely contradicts the story he told. How dare he turn this into his own being victimized!
Do check out the excuse at the Media Matters coverage, where he changes his original language. The original description of the story, as he told on-air:
I went back with someone I knew and grabbed the guy by the -- you know, and grabbed him, and ... hit him against the stall with his head, actually.
The new "statement":
Twenty-five minutes later, a friend of mine and I returned to the men's room. The man was still there, presumably waiting to do to someone else what he had done to me. My friend and I seized the man and held him until a security guard arrived.

Several bloggers have characterized this is a sort of gay bashing. That's absurd, and an insult to anybody who has fought back against an unsolicited sexual attack. I wasn't angry with the man because he was gay. I was angry because he assaulted me.
Tucker, how DARE you turn this into you being victimized. You scared little shithead.

No comments:

Post a Comment