Friday, February 01, 2008

Two Strong Options

Very inspiring post on the current state of the Democratic ticket from Blue Texan:
I don't know about you, but after watching the debate last night, I'm pretty excited about our candidates. They were articulate, knowledgeable, passionate, reasonable grown-ups.

No idiotic calls to double Gitmo. No squabbling about who thinks Iraq is more awesome. No nativist demagoguery. And they both accept evolution!

I didn't think it was possible a couple weeks ago, but Hamsher is looking like the smartest one in the room -- again -- when she predicted a Clintobama ticket. In the throes of martinlutherkingjesseefairytalegate, I didn't think that was possible. I'm sold.

Kennedy and Johnson were a ticket, remember.

But even if that doesn't happen, I'm ready to go to war with either one of these candidates. I like Hillary on health care. I like Obama on the war. I like them both on a bunch of stuff.

If the GOP really wants to alienate their base and nominate St. McCain, in the words of John Kerry, Bring. It. On.

No comments:

Post a Comment