Wednesday, April 09, 2008

"Even Know" - Song for Monique Davis

evenknow.jpg

I'm in the process of working on my 3rd EP as Ratio, but given all the discussion going on in the last couple of days about Illinois State Rep. Monique Davis and her silly anti-atheist comments in a public hearing ("It's dangerous for our kids to even know your philosophy exists"), I figured I'd share the song I wrote in which I incorporated some of her words.

I will note again that if you listen to the whole exchange, you can recognize that yes, her comments are completely inane. BUT, it is clear that her over-arching point is that she feels that Sherman's call to end the "moment of silence" in schools is distracting the government from facing the issue of guns in school, a perfectly worthy commitment. I think her words reflect a seriously dangerous religious viewpoint, but I don't think she's a malicious person.


You can download the song "Even Know" over at my Ratio site, which also includes the two 2007 EPs.

Thanks to Friendly Atheist for first the first post I saw on it last week!

1 comment: