Thursday, September 04, 2008

Creepy

Joe Sudbay:
Good morning.

Well, that was some night, huh.

Is Rudy insane? His speech was nasty, vicious, somewhat incoherent and just weird. I'm sure we'll have more on Rudy later today. But, he morphed into Pat Buchanan last night. That was the 2008 version of the angry, hate-filled speech Buchanan gave in 1992.

And, Palin has been taught well by her GOP handlers. Lying is fine. Attacking is the norm. Don't worry about substance. I don't know how anyone outside of that auditorium could think she's truly capable of being second in command. But, that's what John McCain thinks.

This convention has such a creepy, disturbing feel to it. I can't quite put my finger on it, but it just feels creepy. I really don't like having this group of people in my life - even if it's just on tv and in the news for now. Actually, it feels like Pat Buchanan's crew has taken over the whole GOP. The right wing theocrats rule -- and they're not very tolerant.
That covers it pretty well.

I tried to sum up the crowd three times at twitter during the night:

1. "Mega church"

2. "like the bad guys who own the country club in an 80s movie"

3. "goddamn horror movie!"

No comments:

Post a Comment