Thursday, March 12, 2009

Megan McCain Says Hannity Should "Know Better"

From Crooks & Liars:
"My attitude is that if we capture an enemy combatant in the battlefield -- or we can use Osama bin Laden -- who may have information about a pending attack. You know what, I don't have any problem taking his head sticking it underwater and scaring the living daylights out of him and making him think we're drowning him and I'm a Christian," declared Hannity.

[Megan] McCain disagreed. "I think it's what separates us from the terrorists . My father could never lift me up as a child because he can't move his arm. He can't ride a bike because he can't bend his knee because he was tortured. I think he knows better," she said.
Politically, I guess, it would be better for "my side" if Republicans stayed crazy - and hence, for the sake of the improvements that I believe will only come about while Democrats are in power - but for the actual minds of 46% of the country, I appreciate the bits of sanity that Megan McCain seems to be pushing for among Republicans. I'll keep an eye on her influence and see if she's as much of an opportunist as her father.

No comments:

Post a Comment