Monday, July 27, 2009

Jonah's "Profound" Protest

Jonah Goldberg gets an email from a reader thanking him for his courage:
I just want to thank you, belatedly, for the inspiration (courage?) you gave me a few years back, to simply use a paper towel to open a bathroom door and to leave the paper towel on the floor if no wastebasket is provided.  At my law firm’s office building, and many other buildings that I frequent (and in which I’ve left paper towels on the floor), wastebaskets have been provided next to the bathroom doors within a few weeks of my first paper-towel drop.  And the group dynamic is fascinating.  At my office building, I had never seen a paper towel on the floor before I first dropped one there.  But in the few weeks between my first “drop,” and management’s placement of a wastebasket, there were probably 15 or so paper towels a day dropped next to the door.

I doubt you started the practice. But many San Diegans who now enjoy wastebaskets by the bathroom door in buildings across the city are unknowingly indebted to your publicity of this simple, yet profound, form of protest against unsanitary property-management practices.

So, thank you, thank you, thank you.
Beware the "Don't Litter" Fascists!

Clearly the best way to request a trash can for your building's public bathroom is to drop a dirty paper towel on the ground.

When do we get to give these people their own state to run as they see fit?

No comments:

Post a Comment