Monday, August 31, 2009

Cold War At Home

My God, they really are freaking out:
As I stood on the deck of the aircraft carrier USS Midway twenty-five years ago, I was fully aware of the enemy we had been confronting since the end of WWII. Never in my wildest dreams did I ever think I would be fighting a Cold War at home a quarter-century later, and against that very same rigid Marxist ideology. But that is where we find ourselves today. And our Cold War at home must be fought as the old one was: tooth and nail. Go to your town halls and Tea Parties in force. Sign petitions. Speak out when you see something amiss. Evil flourishes when good men do nothing. And I see far too many evils flourishing today to sit silently on the sidelines.

Our very democracy and way of life is at stake here. Is there any greater battle worth fighting?

No comments:

Post a Comment