Friday, September 11, 2009

Fish

I wrote the other day about how Powerline was adjusting its blogroll in ways that were diametrically opposed to my own perspectives, and today, one of the blogs that I've recently discovered (and found some common ground with and respect for) and which was dropped, Little Green Footballs, responded with a post called So Long, Powerline:
Since the people at Powerline have made a big public announcement about it, I’ll just say that I’m not the least surprised that they’ve delinked LGF. Powerline has been going in a very bad direction recently; the “all Obama-hatred, all the time” focus is bad enough, but worse are their articles supporting European extremists like Geert Wilders (who wants to deprive Muslims of the freedom of religion and ban books) and outright fascists like the Belgian Vlaams Belang party.

I’ve been considering removing them from my links for quite some time because of this kind of disturbing stuff, but I was foolish enough to believe they might come to their senses. I’ve written emails to them about it (which weren’t returned), and I wrote a post laying out my case, that they completely ignored. Clearly, this is a direction they’ve chosen, so I’ve removed all links to Powerline from LGF.

So long, and thanks for all the fish.

No comments:

Post a Comment