Friday, August 17, 2007

$168,000

What a thoroughly bizarre reason Tony Snow is giving for stepping down as Press Secretary. It's like he's not even trying any more. CNN:
Snow told conservative talk-show host Hugh Hewitt on Thursday "financial reasons" may prevent him for serving the remainder of his boss's presidency.

"I'm not going to be able to go the distance, but that's primarily for financial reasons." Snow said. "I've told people when my money runs out, then I've got to go."

According to The Washington Post, Snow makes $168,000 as the White House spokesman.
He must so desperately want to get away from there, he doesn't even care that his explanation makes him sound like making money is more important than helping his country. Is this the echo of a major falling out with Bush? Is it less embarrassing to him to have it pointed out that he's complaining about a salary over 7 times the poverty line (for his family of 5) than to have to spend another with these dangerous incompetents?

He might as well have said something like "It's just not fun anymore" or "It doesn't give me the freedom to drink as much on the weekends as I'd like."

No comments:

Post a Comment