Monday, August 25, 2008

Seeing Real PUMAs

I'm quoting the whole thing from Ezra Klein, but it's an interesting experience. I'm having it vicariously!
Last night, wandering the streets of Denver, I ran into some real life, genuine PUMAs! Neither were delegates, and one was actually a Republican, but I interviewed them here. The interesting answers came from Tierney, the Democrat, who said she'd vote McCain because she thought it would give Clinton a better chance in four years, and that "there's nothing that would please my soul more than to see Obama lose." Meeting them was like meeting any other fringe political group (I also ran into some anarchists), and basically convinced me that this is an extremely small subset of people with extremely intense feelings who, unlike other extreme subgroups, are getting a whole lot of media attention and reveling in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment